It's the Russo-Japanese War, with the Russians siding with some Unknown Malevolent Force (TM) that gives them mecha. The Japanese army must defeat this Unknown Malevolent Force (TM) by using mecha themselves, called Raimu (Lime). The Raimu are controlled by young female pilots (aka: panty-shot fodder).
This anime must be one of the doinkiest I've ever seen! It even tops Rizelmine in doinkiness!
And here are some reasons why Lime-Iro Senkitan is so doinky:
1. The characters, especially the young female pilots, are unlikable and in the pilots' cases, also ditzy and trying to act as "cute" as possible (aka: annoying).
2. The plot is unbelievable and doinks up history. I could not buy that the Russians could have sided with an Unknown Malevolent Force (TM) that gave them mecha. Especially since I don't think one could produce mecha in the 19th century anyhow.
3. The fan service. Oh please, the fan service. Panty shots galore. Really, the only two words you need to sum up this anime are "panty shots". That and the commander of the panty-shotees (or Young Female Pilots (TM) if you prefer), happens to enjoy sleeping with them. This is doinky, because the panty-shotees range in age from ten to sixteen. Minors. Sleeping with commander. Sick. Doinky. Revolting.
3. The music is also doinky, and as "kawaii" as you can imagine it to be. It is not the good "kawaii" present in the Azumanga Daioh opening theme or the Tokyo Mew Mew ending theme, but the repugnant, sugary sweet "kawaii" present in every Wedding Peach OP and ED.
4. Do you want to be an alternate history mecha epic, or an ecchi comedy? There are scenes featuring panty shots and fan service galore, which are immediately followed by the panty-shotees engaging in serious mecha battles with the Russians. And it seems that this anime cannot make up its mind on which route to take.
Indeed, the only non-doinky thing in Lime-Iro Senkitan is the animation, which is very colorful and bright but cannot make up for the doinkiness present in it.
All and all, DO NOT WATCH LIME-IRO SENKITAN!!! This has been a public service announcement from doinkies.
Recommended Audience: Lessee ... panties, panties, panty shots everywhere, sexual innuendo, and minors sleeping with older men. Nope, this one isn't for children in any way (not that they'd want to watch it anyway).
Version(s) Viewed: Digisub (which was in good quality for such a loathsome anime)
Review Status: Partial (3/13)
Lime-Iro Senkitan © 2003 Elf / Satoru Akahori / Lime-Iro Senkitan Production Committee / Soft Garage / KSS / Studio Deen
|© 1996-2015 THEM Anime Reviews. All rights reserved.|